Thu11152018

Last update12:12:22 PM

Back You are here: Home News Mish Mash New Winter Sports Complex

New Winter Sports Complex

Yesterday a new winter sports centre opened in the ski resort of Chepelare in the Rhodope mountains. The centre which comprises 20 km. of new ski tracks and a new ski lift was opened by Bulgaria's biathlon gold medalist, Ekaterina Dafovska who won her gold in the 1998 Olympics.



The centre has all the latest equipment with artificial snow machines and even free wireless internet. The new ski lift has capacity for 2,000 people an hour, covering 2.7 km. in nine minutes.

Investment to date has been about 10 million euros in the facilities at the centre. Total investment will reach 50 million euros over the coming years as facilities for summer sports are constructed.

The investors in the complex, which are a public-private partnership, are Chepelare Municipality with a share of 49% and the remaining 51% by "Rhodope Initiative Jsc".

 

Related Articles :

Area Focus Chepelare and Pamporovo

Bulgaria's Undiscovered Ski Resorts